Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Changes

What does it mean to be strong? to be powerful?

I've been in search of this for the last few weeks,(via workouts and running) and I'm starting to see it's about what you do everyday.

I began a little workout frenzy about three weeks ago, it all started when I saw a magazine with this super-uber strong guy. I was like "man, I wanna look like that" so along with my running, I began working out. one thing leads to another and I'm on some crazy workout plan, I'm taking multivitamins and protein, and I'm getting (or at least feeling) as strong as if not stronger than I've felt since high school track. man it feels good! and I know I've made some progress, but I want to keep continuing. It's powerful when you find somethings that you can actually see the progress that one is making. It's even better when you have a goal that you can look at.

It really helps when you know exactly what you're going for and how you can get there. WHY? because you can picture yourself there. you can picture yourself achieving that goal, or finishing that race, or buying that house, and if you put it in the right position, you will be able to consistently see it. This is one reason it is important to have goals that you look at everyday, and that you're making progress towards everyday!

Man! I'm a member of morning coach, and one of the basic ideas is continuous progress (kaizen). basically what you're doing is you're improving 1% a day, and you continue on over time. sure, it may be hard to get 100% better in one day, or even to get 25% better in one day. but if we take it day by day, then we can really make some progress.

Now there are times where you just have to make a decision and say "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!!"  and be done with something. but 9 times out of 10, when you're making the big changes, it is a process.

So i'm gonna keep on working towards an uber-strong body, a 3.5 GPA this semester, and an excellent stint in my organizations, and you can aim for whatever's on the top of the list of goals you're aiming for.

anyways, I want you to think today about how you can improve 1%. today. on something that's really important to you.

until next time,
Trey Sparks logging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment