Sunday, June 26, 2011

How to live on 24 hours a day... a little bit better.

Today I finished the book: How to live on 24 hours a day for being a book from the early 20th century i found it quite a good read. I think I learned a few good lessons from the book which I will go over here:

  1. Realize the free time you actually do have.aside from the time we're working, we have a good amount of extra time to pursue other interests, but the bulk of man wastes away this time on things such as mindless TV or aimless internet use. after work, the time is yours. use it wisely.
  2. Devote the time you spend commuting to investing in an interest of yours. - the book first focuses on making ourselves better through concentrating the time we would normally spend listening to the shock jocks of the morning rattle off... crap to focus on building our interests on a topic. If you're interested in gardening, get an audiobook on gardening, spend that time learning something new in the world. apply this to your favorite topic.
  3. Devote time to let your brain think about what interests you. I know for me for a long time, I would find myself listening to audiobook after audiobook, tearing through a myriad of books, but never stopping once to see how I could apply the lessons I'd learned to my own life. It's powerful when you give your mind a topic to focus on. sometimes you have to bring your brain back to that center, but it's still a worthwile practice. 
  4. Align your life with your principles- here's one of my favorite quotes from this book. "All I urge is that a life in which conduct does not fairly well accord with principles is a silly life; and that conduct can only be made to accord by means or daily examination, reflection and resolution. take some time each day to make sure you're on the right path. Did you know if an airplane flying from California to New York City was pointed just a degree off course, it would end up in an entirely different state? The airplanes of today are equipped to monitor when the plane gets off course, and makes adjustments to get back on the right track. we must do the same. through this we may learn how to become better men and women. We will find ourselves achieving goals beyond our wildest dreams. With ease! so continue on. continue to learn, make adjustments, and you'll find yourself at your goal.  

I hope you take these tips to heart and apply them in your life. I highly recommend this book. so go out my friends, live greatly and be ready to UP YOUR SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment