Monday, May 16, 2016

On the path of thought

Hello All,

Allow me to reintroduce myself. I'm Trey Sparks. I'm on a journey to become the best version of myself. For the time being that means learning about the personal coaching field and moving to a place where I myself am a coach. My journey down the rabbit hole of personal development started many years ago when I discovered a book in High School named "How to win friends and influence people" It was a great book that helped a very shy, very quiet tween start to develop his own voice. The path has taken me through the church, high school, being a very black male in very white surroundings, overcoming the pain of my parent's divorce etc,  all the way to finishing a master's degree, traveling to 10 countries (it's a start right?) and ultimately to a job where I get to travel for a living. Now it has brought me here. What I aim to do is to track my progress, report the successes and failures, and ultimately share the story of one person on a path to realizing his dreams.

Some people come across their dreams early in life. Some people find their "calling" through a traditional route like college or vocational school. Some people don't find a calling at all. Some people find their purpose through volunteering; working only to support their goals. As someone who believed wholeheartedly in the educational system, I had a revelation not to long ago which basically stated "Just because you didn't major in it, doesn't mean you can't do it." It took me two degrees to figure that little gem out. go me. The point is we all experience the journey differently. My goal through all of this is to make sure I'm not walking in circles for the next 70 years of my life. Hopefully I can inspire you to take a journey as well.

Bertrand Russell is attributed to the quote "Some people would rather die than think, and many of them do."

Let's jump into the deep end and see how the water feels.



No comments:

Post a Comment